A message about the Coronavirus from the Encore DCS Staff
May 13, 2020
To our Encore DCS dance family,
Life without dance…. Are you kidding?! For those in the dance community, there is no life without dance! We know you and your students are continuing to work so hard during this time and we are so proud of your dedication and perseverance. We miss you all so much and truly appreciate your patience, understanding, and support as we have been forced to cancel or postpone events.
We are SO excited to announce that Encore DCS will be coming to a city near you starting in June! Be sure to check our website for new 2020 dates as well as our 2021 schedule!
In addition to rescheduled regional events, Encore DCS Grand Finals will be held in Charleston, SC July 7-12. Due to forced cancellations, our Grand Finals will be open to all studios regardless of if you were able to attend a regional. We know your Seniors have missed out on so much this year and we are planning a special presentation to them at our Closing Show and Gala. More information about Grand Finals is available on our website. Registration is now open! Space is limited so be sure to register early!
The safety and well-being of our dance families and staff is top priority. We are working with each individual venue and discussing their safety and sanitation efforts. In addition, here are a few precautions we are taking to ensure the best environment for our dancers:
- As always, we offer free livestream of all performances! We invite and encourage family and friends to watch online, especially the elderly, high risk individuals or those with underlying health conditions.
- We are limiting the number of entries so that we can provide more time between each routine. The schedules will be planned deliberately to minimize the number of studios in the building at one time.
- Additional dressing room space is being reserved in each venue to give each studio ample space. Dressing rooms will be assigned and limited to one parent per dancer for dancers under the age of 12.
- Chairs/seating will be spaced out in our audience to avoid close contact.
- If necessary, we may choose to limit the number of students on stage during awards ceremonies, but this will be determined closer to the date of competition.
- HOTELS have met and exceeded cleaning requirements set by the CDC and state/city recommendations.
Guidelines and mandates in each city and state may differ and we will continue to update you on any changes to the guidelines above. As always, we are here to help in any way we can. We know communication is important so we are striving to keep our website updated with all of the latest information as soon as it is available. Thank you so much for your patience as we try to get our dancers back on the Encore stage!!
Encore DCS Directors
203 West Butler Street
Lexington, SC 29072