March 6 - 8, 2020
Savannah Civic Center
301 W Oglethorpe Ave
Savannah, GA 31401
Schedule Updated 2/25/2020
Quick costume changes- We do our best to allow at least four numbers for costume changes. Please see the stage manager during the event if an issue arises. If you have a special request that needs to be handled prior to the event, please email Susan@encoredcs.com. Unless arranged ahead of time, routines are subject to a 5-point deduction if a routine is not performed within three numbers of the scheduled order.
Independent Dancers – We do not accept independent dancers. All dancers must be registered under a studio name and we require a minimum of TWO participating students from each studio. How many hours a week a student trains, placement is ultimately left to the teacher’s discretion.
Super Solo Overall Awards - Students who perform more than 1 solo (not including vocal or song and dance) are placed in our "Super Solo" Overall Awards. The highest two solo scores for each Super Solo are averaged to determine the Super Solo score for overall placement. ALL Super Soloists will be recognized with a special award. Students performing only one solo per competition will be judged separately and will compete for the Top Soloist in every age division.
Regional Title Competition – Soloists are now eligible to compete for Mister and Miss Encore DCS at an additional charge. Regional Title scores are based on Showmanship and Overall Appeal and all levels are combined. There is no separation of Recreational, Competitive and Elite in the Title Competition. One Miss Encore DCS and One Mister Encore DCS winner will be announced in each age division. Only one solo per student is eligible for Title competition. Vocal and Song & Dance routines are excluded from Title.
“Solo Title Entry” must be checked on the registration form to compete for title. Vocal entries are ineligible for Title. There are TWO ways to compete for Title:
1) If a student competes only one solo they would be eligible for Title Winner AND regular Overall Solo awards.
2) If a student competes multiple solos, they would be eligible for Title Winner (by selecting just one of their solos to compete for title) AND their top two scores would go into the running for Overall Super Solo.
Video and Photos - Encore DCS is excited to include photos and videos of each routine with entry fees. Media will be available via digital download and/or email within five business days of the event. Passwords for downloads will be provided to all teachers that have paid in full. Teachers will be responsible for distributing the studio password to parents and students. To locate media after the event, visit our website, choose the city you attended, and click on the link for Photo or Video. Video recording and photography is not allowed when a videographer or photographer is contracted by ENCORE DCS. Thank you for complying with these rules and helping us protect teacher choreography.
Props - Each venue is different, but most locations have an area for trailer parking. Please see the stage manager when you arrive at the event for help with props and trailers.
Dressing Rooms - Each studio will typically be assigned a dressing room based on the number, size, and type of entries. There is a designated Male Dressing room when space allows.
Admission fees for spectators - There is NO admission fee at the event.
For complete rules, regulations, and awards information please visit the respective pages on the website.
Video links will be emailed to studio directors within 5 business days of the event. Parents, please wait for instructions from your director or studio owner on how to access your videos.
For Reservations: CALL THE HOTEL DIRECTLY
This is an Extremely busy time of year in Savannah.
We strongly urge you to book early as the number
of rooms available at the below rates are very limited!
Hampton Inn & Suites
603 West Oglethorpe Avenue Savannah, GA 31401
Reservations Phone: 800-445-8667
Special Rate: $199 Kings; $209 Doubles
Must book before February 1, 2020 or until rooms sell out
March is a very Busy time for Savannah - BOOK VERY EARLY!
Across street from the Venue
Free Hot Breakfast
Springhill Suites Savannah
150 Montgomery Street Savannah, GA 31401
Embassy Suites Historic District
605 West Charlton Oglethorpe Avenue Savannah, GA 31401
Savannah's Top Restaurants
Due to its location, Savannah offers diverse cuisine ranging from local and regional to fresh seafood and international delights.
- Chive Sea Bar & Lounge - American, Seafood
- Crystal Beer Parlor - American, Pub
- The Vault Kitchen + Market - Seafood, Sushi
- Driftaway Cafe - American, Bar
- Cotton & Rye - American
- Wiley's Championship BBQ - American, Barbecue
- Jazz'd Tapas Bar - American, Bar
- 45 Bistro - American
- Treylor Park - American, Bar
- Tequila's Town - Mexican, Southwestern
• The owners of Circa 1875, a well-known French bistro in Savannah’s historic district, have branched out with the recent opening of La Scala Ristorante, an Italian eatery in the Starland district. Housed in a restored mansion, La Scala offers private dining for groups of up to 300 (100 on its outdoor patio). Try the Guancia di Manzo: Chianti-braised Wagyu beef cheek with chestnut tagliatelle, root vegetable ragu and pickled beets.
• Detour to River Street Sweets, the oldest candy store in town (if you consider 1978 to be old), to indulge in "world-famous" candied pralines, homemade pecan pies, chocolate-mint fudge, chocolate turtles and more. Take a moment to watch as saltwater taffy is rolled, twisted and turned on a 100-year-old machine.
• Established in 1753, the Pirates' House began as a grog hall for bawdy shipmates. The restaurant honors its history with seagoing servers and hearty fare for groups of 20-150.